Yuri’s Night is coming to Pensacola!
Who is Yuri Gagarian? Yuri was a Cosmonaut that, On April 12th 1961, became the first person to go into space.
This year the USS Continuum and the Escambia Amateur Astronomers Assocation are coming together at the PJC Planetarium to celebrate Yuri’s achievement along with all of the wonders of astronomy and space science. How much will it cost to attend? Nothing! This is a family friendly and FREE event that is open to the public. Join us!
As April 12th falls on a Monday we are holding our event on Friday April 9th. We believe this will give more people a chance to attend the festivities and have fun with us.
The event will begin at 6pm at the PJC Planetarium and the areas around it. The following events are what you can expect to take part in that night.
PLANETARIUM SHOW SCHEDULE
6:15 — Earth’s Wild Ride
7:00 — Night Sky presentation by Billy Jackson
7:45 — Two Small Pieces of Glass
8:30 — Night Sky presentation by Billy Jackson
9:15 — Ringworld
– Recruiting tables & banners
– Captain’s Chair replica based on the original Star Trek series
– Telescopes will be setup to see the wonders of the night sky
– 15+ models of various shuttles, rockets, the Hubble space telescope, etc.
– 2-5 Star Trek models.
– Solar system model (planets in scale to one another)
– Binders full of space mission patches
– Many books on space exploration for you to browse and read
– 3-4 model rockets
– Posters on space exploration and astronomy
– And more!
– The Mighty Saturns (continous play)
– Hail Columbia (36 min)
– Ultimate Space Experience (48 min)
– Liftoff! (continous play)
– Journey to the Edge of the Universe (90 min)
– Destiny in Space (40 min)
– When We Left Earth
Bring your imagination, your sense of wonder and you thirst for knowledge!