Starting in 2020, our meetings have changed to 6 p.m. on the first Friday on the month at PoFolks, 6895 N 9th Ave.
It’s been 26 years since the USS Continuum has become a commissioned chapter of STARFLEET! On Friday, December 6, we’ll be celebrating our Anniversary Dinner at PoFolks (6895 N 9th Ave, Pensacola) at 6:30 pm. Join us for the evening as we get together for food, promotions and awards of our outstanding members throughout 2019, and our “Sneaky Santa” gift exchange!
Requested dress is Starfleet uniform or other Star Trek costume or semi-formal attire. The only cost is for your meal and tip.
We ask that you please bring one wrapped and unlabled gift for the gift exchange and recommend you spend no more than $25 on it. At the conclusion of the evening, we go around the room with each person having the option of taking a gift and unwrapping it OR stealing one from another attendee already unwrapped.
Please RSVP by contacting Jay Gallops.
April is the month of changes. Almost every one of our regularly scheduled events has altered in some ways at some new ones have been added. Here’s a list of everything you need to know:
APRIL MEETING & “STAR TREK DAY” 2019.
Typically held on the first Wednesday of the month, we’re swapping it with our “Dinner at Ten Forward” for April.
For the past few years, we’ve made it a tradition to celebrate “Star Trek Day” (aka “First Contact Day”) on or around April 5. But we don’t like to have too many events too close to each other if we can help it. And so, our “Star Trek Day Celebration” will start at 6:30 p.m., Friday, April 5 at the Cactus Flower Cafe, 3425 N 12th Ave.
Our meeting this month this month has been moved to 6 p.m., Monday, April 15 at our typical location — PoFolks, located on 6895 N 9th Ave. We’ll resume our typical schedule for meetings on Wednesday, May 1.Continue reading
As a chapter of STARFLEET, we are open to ALL types of sci-fi fans who like to meet together — in person and online — and play games, work on costumes and other displays, be involved in community service, study science, watch movies, plans events, and enjoy each other’s company!
All events listed on the “Calendar” page are open to the public. To contact any of the Continuum’s Command Staff, please check out the “Members” page.
Okay, obviously, I can be terrible at making frequent log entries.
It’s been a while since I’ve reported here as to what the Continuum has been doing. And I’ll be honest: in the last couple of months, we’ve been a little break from major activities. We’ve kept up with our meetings and our “Dinners at Ten Forward” monthly social but little else.
But that’s about to change. Continue reading
I apologize for this lateness of this post, but I wanted to make you aware of a few changes to tonight’s meeting:
- It will be at PoFolks restaurant, 6895 N 9th Ave — the same location we had our Anniversary Dinner back in December.
- Instead of taking an hour to order food and then eat before we begin the meeting, we’ll begin our discussion soon after we order and then taking a break when the food arrives. (Ordering is optional but appreciated).
- If there is time remaining after the discussion, we’ll have some fun with some Star Trek trivia questions.
We have quite a lot to discuss with happenings pertaining to Pensacon later this month. We hope you’ll join us!
One of the biggest things I love about Pensacon is the opportunity to meet more Star Trek fans in the Pensacola area. And in a little over two weeks from this writing (February 23-25), we’ll be back for Year 5! There’s a number of ways the Continuum plans to be (or already is) involved with the Gulf Coast’s biggest sci-fi convention:
- THE GUARDIAN OF FOREVER AT PENSACOLA INTERGALACTIC AIRPORT. Back on January 23, the Continuum revealed its new Star Trek themed display — the Guardian of Forever — at the Pensacola Intergalactic Airport’s Renaming Ceremony. It’s located in the baggage claim area, and will remain until Monday, February 26. Feel free to stop by to enjoy the display and take pictures. (Many thanks to Ricky Wallace, Sarah Marie Jones, Paul Jacobs, Connie Fleming, and crew members of the Harry Mudd in the design of the Guardian and the additional displays).
- THE BRIDGE AND TRANSPORTER SETS RETURN TO ATLAS OYSTER HOUSE. After you enjoy your Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at Pensacon, set a course for Atlas Oyster House where our Original Series’ Captain’s Chair, Helm/Navigation Console, and Transporter Console & Pad replicas will be back!
Every year, in December, USS Continuum crew gets together to celebrate the anniversary of our commissioning as a chapter of STARFLEET. Prior to the event, our Command Staff discusses amongst itself ship annual awards and promotions.
Back on December 15, as we celebrated our 24th anniversary, awards were presented to:
Ricky Wallace was elected our new Second Officer, and Lori Wallace Holdberg was chosen as Counselor.
The terms begin January 1, 2018 and will last until the close of 2019.
Every once in a while, the crew of the USS Continuum finds itself in the midst of a busy time. Calendars are jammed full of events — celebrations, appearances, and our preparations for it all! Well, fall 2017 is certainly one of those experiences as we look to close out this year and get ready for the next. Here’s what you need to know in preparation for Wednesday’s meeting. Continue reading